Join our Vancouver area Sports Tech venture bringing the worlds most advanced player / puck tracking system to hockey leagues across the globe. We’re looking for a proven Machine Learning Data Engineer to join us in building ETL data pipelines, machine learning models and next-generation sports tracking and analytics systems.
We are looking ideally for someone that has a passion for building quality systems and who likes to mix their passion of data with sports. We are offering a salary plus a healthy share options grant to own part of the venture as an early employee. Join us on our path to becoming a world leader in sensor based hockey tracking as a key team member. If you have a passion for data and sports, we would love to hear from you!
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Salary
- Start-up equity position with a large share option grant
- Flexible vacation scheduling and culture
What you’d be doing:
- Building out AI and Machine Learning models for sports analytics
- Creating, implementing and optimizing ETL data pipelines and real-time data streams
- Implementing data collection, privacy, access policies and API’s
- Some DevOps work on Google Cloud Platform
- Defining and advancing best practices for data technologies within the tech team
What we’re looking for:
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed in the Sports Analytics Industry
- Ideally 5+ years data engineering experience and a post-secondary degree
- Proven data engineering abilities with strong node.js and Python skills
- Ability to work with sockets, threads, streams and AI/ML libraries
- Expertise working with relational, non relational and multidimensional databases, Google Big Query preferred
- Experience assessing, setting up and implementing visual analytic solutions
- Good with math, applied statistics and quantitative modeling (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, and machine learning when needed)
- Some Dev Ops experience setting up docker, servers and databases
To apply, email us your resume to [email protected] with ‘Data Analytics Engineer’ in the subject line.