Updated: Dec, 2020
Make an impact to the future of hockey and sports analytics in general by being part of the ground floor team in a Vancouver area Sports Tech venture. Drive Hockey is preparing for fast-paced international growth. Our patent-pending stick & puck tracking technology automatically produces performance stats and analytics for hockey player and coaches of all levels.
We are seeking a General Manager to take lead on developing the front-end business initially and oversee operation scale-up longer term within a particular region. You’ll be working alongside a team of professionals and within the hockey industry to help launch and globally scale a world-class sports tracking network and analytics platform.
Partner-level equity position and all the benefits that come with that. Salary and performance earnings based on qualifications
- Build an industry network of leagues, associations, trainers, scouts and decision makers
- Identify and secure business opportunities, propose, negotiate and draft deal agreements
- Lead the charge and manage scaleup of production, accounting, sales & marketing
- Run financially sustainable operations while developing company capability and assets
- Establish SOP, KPI’s, training programs and reports on a departmental / team basis
- Contribute to strategy, policies, financing and governance; produce monthly board reports
- Work close with CEO on product, market, operation and financial strategies
- 10+ years combined experience in sales, marketing and operations
- Hockey industry experience and contacts
- A people person; strong communicator, written and verbal
- Able to negotiate, close and deliver on business contracts valued over $250k
- Marketing and sales management experience
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed in this business while working from home
- Relevant degree preferred, but we value experience and track record more
- Some travel may be required in future
Email your CV/resume to [email protected] and let us know you are applying to be our GM.