POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED – THANK YOU TO ALL WHO APPLIED
We are a Hockey technology start-up company developing a next generation player & puck tracking technology using internet-of-things sensors. Our group has recently spun-out from the BCIT MAKE+ prototype facility and is now generating interest from the IIHF, local WHL teams and hockey academies.
We are seeking a student for a Hardware Electrical Engineer role to help analyze power requirements, develop schematics, select components, modify and create new PCB designs and modify firmware programming using API’s and custom code. Our hardware is designed small, simple and typically based on modified existing designs supplied by vendors. Our team will provide a support network and assist the candidate in accessing the resources required to be successful. We seek someone who is smart and able to learn on the job, can deliver solutions with attention to detail, is a self-starter who is responsible to work unsupervised and ideally someone with a passion for hockey. Position is part-time to start, flexible for current students enrolled in post secondary.
- Work in the hockey industry, have fun with your job
- Startup opportunity with fast-paced career growth options
- Flexible work environment and p/t schedule
- Longer term opportunity with equity options for the right person
- Understand requirements and design/modify schematics based on circuit & power details
- Specify, source, integrate and validate electrical components and subsystems, create BOM
- Creating PCB designs using a mix of in-house and third-party designs where required
- Rapid prototyping using breadboards, development board SDK, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc..
- Programming firmware, troubleshooting, validating sensor data and optimizing hardware
- Creating documentation for manufacturing, software integration, test procedures and reports
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Student in an Electrical Engineer degree program located in BC.
- Capable of simple, quality electrical engineering and hardware design
- Understanding of UART, proficiency in C for firmware programming, C++ & Python an asset
- Proficient in PCB Layout and capture software (e.g. Eagle)
- Experience with rapid prototyping platforms (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Knowledge of digital systems design and prototype assembly
- Confident with datasheets, part selection, and qualification
- Strong soldering and hardware debugging skills
- Experience working with Decawave Ultra Wide Band chips a big asset
- Self starter and determined personality with an ability to drive tasks to completion
Please apply by emailing [email protected]. While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.